Guide to employing persons with disabilities:
How to prepare training for employees with disabilities?
- Ensure that the employees with disabilities can access and use the training venues and the training materials are appropriately presented e.g. a sign language interpreter may be needed for a person with hearing impairment, or audio notes for an employee with visual impairment.
- Offer open and flexible learning as an alternative to venue-based learning.
- Be flexible in time arrangement, especially breaks.
- Provide participants with written materials prior to the training so they can familiarise themselves with the content.
- Check whether the trainers are aware of the needs of the employees with disabilities.
Which organisations can provide vocational training for persons with disabilities in Hong Kong?
- Sheltered Workshop
- Supported Employment
- Integrated Vocational Rehabilitation Services Centre
- Integrated Vocational Training Centre
- On the Job Training Programme for Persons with disabilities
- Sunnyway - On the Job Training Programme for Young Persons with Disabilities
- Shine Skills Centre of the Vocational Training Council Group
- Employees Retraining Board
"Scan QR Code" in WeChat and tap "..." to share.